Tuesday 5 April 2016

Travel Tuesday - Birthday in Dublin

So when we were planning our big European trip, I stipulated from day one that I wanted to be in Ireland for my birthday. So we flew there the evening before my birthday and spent the day wandering around and exploring. One thing that we originally wanted to do was go to the Guinness Brewery and the Book of Kells. We decided against the brewery when we go there and saw the prices and all of the tour buses parked outside. We also decided to postpone the Book of Kells to another day as the queues were too long (we went on our last day in Ireland instead - lining up before it opened).
Here are some pictures from the day - I'll caption the ones where I remember where they were.

An awesome street lamp near my Auntie's place

Trinity College

We like this because we're immature 12 year olds at heart

Oscar Wilde Statue, Merrion Square Park

Wolfe Tone Statue, St Stephen's Green

River Liffey

Temple Bar

Dublin Castle

Christ Church Cathedral

St Patrick's Cathedral

Looking in at the Guinness Brewery

River Liffey

An awesome looking childcare centre

I have no idea what this is supposed to be but it looked cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment