So I've been thinking of what I can do to make our first Christmas of just Andrew and me special.
- Get a better Christmas tree. We have a tiny little one at the moment and I'd like one that's around 6ft that I can decorate properly.
- Do something nice and special for Christmas breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every Christmas I've always had a roast meal. This year I'd like to do something different as a roast in the middle of summer in New Zealand is sweltering.
- Bake Christmas treats. There are many little Christmas treats that make Christmas special to me. I'll just have to make them myself this year. I'll also probably buy a few things that I don't feel confident making myself such as Christmas mince pies, brandy snaps and Christmas pudding.
- Decorate the house properly. In the past, I haven't gone as all out as we've always been travelling somewhere else.
- Maybe we could head to the beach for a picnic lunch or dinner or something
So many ideas floating around my head. I want to make it special for us but it's just going to be so different for both of us not being around family.
Linking up with