- South-West USA - For me this includes Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California. This is AJ's number one trip that he wants to go on. He loves the desert. I've been to most of these places once before as a child but I'd love to see them as an adult.
- Scandinavia - Including Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Iceland. We've been dreaming of this trip for quite a while now. The landscapes look amazing and all Scandinavians that we've met have been the most lovely people. Also, they're really into metal music there so chances are we'd be able to listen to the radio station and actually enjoy the music :)
- The Mediterranean - Mainly the European side of the Med. Places like Italy, South of France, Spain, Croatia, Greece, and Cyprus. The history in these places looks amazing and the climate seems to be quite pleasant. Maybe a cruise around these places (just not using the brand that sunk a few years back).
- Japan - This place fascinates me. It has the most amazing landscapes, a fascinating culture and really modern infrastructure next to really old places. Apparently it also has the oldest Inn in the world. I'd like to stay there if I can.
- East Coast of the USA - I've been to a lot of the East Coast already - again as a child (I used to live in Upstate New York). I'd love to visit again as an adult. Everywhere from Washington DC north. I'd especially like to go in Autumn when the leaves are changing colour. I'd love to go back to Geneva and see it through an adults eyes. And hopefully see a few of the people that I knew when I lived there back in the day.
- Canada - I know, it's huge. But I can't narrow down specific places. Everywhere seems to have something that interests me. And AJ. We've found ourselves on Google Maps multiple times just going on imaginary road trips (does anyone else do this?).
- Pacific North-West USA - Washington and Oregon. These places look similar to New Zealand in terms of landscape and climate. Seattle looks like a very interesting city too. There's also volcanoes, and volcanoes fascinate me (I do live in Auckland after all...a city built on volcanoes).
- Queensland - I'd love to go here when we have kids so we can take them to the amusement parks. I also have some good friends who live in the area who I'd love to visit.
- Western Australia - AJ has some memories of going there when he was a kid and it just sounds like a nice place to visit. I've also seen pictures from various people who've visited and posted their pictures on Facebook and it really looks amazing.
- Vietnam - When we watched the Top Gear special a few years a ago that was set in Vietnam we decided that this was a place that we wanted to go. It looks spectacular and completely different culture wise to NZ. There's also direct flights there now from Auckland so easier and cheaper to get to than it used to be.
- Dominican Republic - Might seem a bit random compared to other places but one of my oldest friends is from here. From about the age of 12 onwards I would hear her stories of her childhood and all the things that she got up to. It just sounds amazing and I'd love to go explore it for myself. Preferably with her too :)
So there you go. A list of places that I want to explore. I expect the list will grow over time. This is a large world after all. Full of amazing places.
What places would you like to visit?