Friday 10 July 2015

Another Update

Here's another update on things in my life right now.

I finally have a new computer! It's very exciting. Now that I have things worked out, I'm going to try to stay up to date on things again.

As for my goals that I set at the beginning of the year, here's how I've been going.

1. I'm still hunting for a teaching role, and relief work hasn't been cropping up as often as I'd like.

2.I terms of cleaning, I've been kind of naughty with this one. The last couple of weeks I've managed to keep up to date with the washing, dishes, keeping benches clean and I've been putting away at least 50 things a day (that proves how much of a mess things have been). We've got friends coming to stay at the end of August, so I'll have to get the place tidy by then.

3. As for my crafting, I've made a few cards. I made my sister one for her birthday and my Mum one for Mothers Day. Then I ran out of card when I went to make her one for her birthday so I used one out of my stash. Rest of the year will have handmade birthday cards though.

4. Budgeting just hasn't worked out for us the way we'd hoped at the beginning of the year. We've been trying. We really have. But a few spanners have been thrown into the works. In addition to the things I mentioned in my last update post (see here) my old laptop crapped out completely. So getting a new one is the latest big expense. We also need to replace the car stereo (I really miss music while driving) that broke last month. Also, the weather has been very cold the past couple of months, so the power bills have been higher.

5. Because of extra expenses we haven't been able to pay back much.

6. I've finished and passed all the credits for a Diploma in Business from Massey University! :D :D :D Just waiting to receive it in the post. I've gone through two graduations already, I don't really want to hire the gown etc again.

7. In terms of exercise it's been hit and miss. For a while I was doing well, then I stopped. I've recently started up again and let's hope that this time I can make it last.

8. I haven't been eating the healthiest. I really need to get better with this.

9. I've caught up with a few of my uni friends in the past month. My friend Jess was visiting from Australia and because of that I caught up with my friends Elke and Febe as well which was nice :) I'm also going out for dinner with some old Farmers friends on Saturday and next month we're having a Hower (from John Howe forum) friend and her bf stay.

10. I enjoy blogging and hope that now I have a new computer I will post more often. Initial goal will be once a week. Probably Fridays. But will also post on other days as well if I have posts ready. I do have a few in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment