- PUT THE MONEY IN THE BANK! Extra interest would be great :D
- Pay back both sets of parents all of the money we owe them
- Pay off the mortgage
- Pay back my student loan
After all of those debts had been paid off, I would probably do the following:
- Hire someone to fix all of the things that need fixing in the house and re-do the bathroom.
- Build a carport
- Landscape the garden
- Put the house on the market
- Buy a house that has enough room for our future family - hopefully closer to AJ's work
- Donate a certain amount to a charity (would all depend how much I had left - a certain percentage of leftover money)
Then, if there was any money left after all of that, I would:
- Buy an Audi R8 (my favourite car)
- Do AJ's dream trip of California and SW USA
- Go to Europe again
- Visit Geneva, NY (where I lived as a kid) and tour around the Eastern US
- Visit Canada
- Go on an Alaskan cruise
I definitely wouldn't have any money left after all of that (especially because I'd probably be shopping as well :P ). So since we'd have more savings, I'd put it towards buying a holiday home somewhere in the North Island where I could see the mountains.
Of course, once we have kids, these dreams could change...